The village of Lugazi has a population of over 5000 people. It is located in the Lugazi town council district of Mukono, on The Kampala Jinja Highway. The school has a population of 1500 pupils of which 856 are from the surrounding area, attending school as day scholars. The Mukono district is a one-hour drive from Kampala, the capital city, and the school provides education to 348 orphaned children and other disadvantaged children in the district.
The Primary School is privately owned and was founded by Rev. Bernard Bogere in 1984 under Uganda Charitable and Benevolent Teamwork, a registered, non-governmental organization. He is still the current chairman of the Board of Trustees that governs the school, and the original founders of the school are still actively involved as well.
In addition to the school, the local community has a church, an orphanage and a medical center which the community runs. Because the nearest water source prior to having their own well was located in a swamp (a 30-minute walk from the village) the villagers had to share a well used by several villages nearby. The new borehole, which is designed to serve a community of 2500 people, will be maintained and repaired by the school administration.